Sunday, March 30, 2008

Post-Easter

I can't believe it's been 2 months since I last spent some time reflecting on what God is doing and where God is leading at Cornerstone. Of course, I've also not been told anyone is missing it so.....but it's good practice for me if no one else.

40 Days of Community was over the top! The Celebration Sunday (Palm Sunday) was over the top. The 500 adults and teens in small groups for 6 weeks was over the top. The worship that Jim led on Palm Sunday, Easter Sunday and today was over the top - a notch forward each time. God is up to something. I have felt myself in His presence more and more each time I set foot on the Cornerstone campus. And I think it's more than having those new doors we waited for for 4 months! God is opening some new doors for us. I don't know what's on the other side through them but I know who put them there and I know who holds them open. I can trust Him!

On Easter we launched our present series, Suburban Legends. I'm trying a couple of new things all at once: We're moving through the Book of Ecclesiastes which I've never done before - we've done book studies but not OT; I'm including some application points, prayers and blanks to fill in within the outline instead of just in the Going Deeper notes. The response so far has been positive. I was introduced to no less than 5 visitors personally invited by Cornerstone members. God is up to something.

What fills your life? What is it that you believe will leave you full instead of empty? The best remedy for my emptiness has always been my relationship with Jesus. I can feel sorry for myself with the best of them. But it doesn't work. I can mope around better than the best but it doesn't fill the void. Jesus does. Talking with him. Reading His Word. Spending time reflecting on His goodness. What is it that you pursue for that fullness? Together, Cornerstone, let's pursue Jesus.

No comments: